Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Burger Kook

Here's the situation, you're hungry and thinking of what you'd like to eat and where to get it. Pretty common everyday phenomenon.

Last Sunday, I was pondering about dinner and remembered the Burger King billboard near the Timog-Tomas Morato rotonda in Quezon City. It was advertising something called the new steakhouse burger which was supposedly made with Angus beef. I liked the ad because it had a good visual with an appropo line, "Forget your table manners", or something like that. I'd been seeing this sign for like over a month now.

So I follow my stomach and drive up to Burger King on Timog Avenue. As I walk up to the door, I notice the steakhouse burger ad by the drive thru driveway. I walk up to the counter and ask for it, and what does the attendant say? "Sorry sir, it's not available."

Crap! What the freak??!!!

I didn't bother to ask why that was because I'm sure there was a stupid explanation behind it. I just promptly lectured the girl at the counter that they should post a sign saying their new product meant to lure customers was not available. Then I loudly said to my family who were with me that we were going to MCDONALD'S, which we did where I satisfied my hunger and my being "pissed-off" with a freshly cooked, juicy and no frills quarter pounder. See? I'm a simple man with simple needs. When I want a good burger, I just wanna get one and not be told it's not available.

What the hell is up with Burger King and other restaurants who allow that situation to happen? That Timog branch must have the stupidest inventory manager on earth! When I was in business school, there was considerable attention given to the vital improtance of making sure a store had enough stock of what it sold. When a fastfood chain says something isn't available, that's some flunky manager saying he screwed up royally. And I don't give a f*** what his valid reason is. When you can't sell me what I'm ready to pay for, you failed!

Take the freaking sign down already so other people won't have to waste their time and get pissed like I did!

No comments:

Extra weirdness for your not-so-weird-everyday-life